Jun 30th, 2017
Welcome to Episode 8!! A bit late this week, but that doesn't take away from the great topics we've got in store.
Topics for discussion
- “But Comae saw that code had been specifically modified to change it from a virus that encrypts a disk and demands a ransom into a virus that simply destroys the disk.”
- Named Petya, $300 ransom
- With Petya, it’s unclear if any systems were successfully decrypted before the email was blocked, although roughly 20 ransoms were paid. Companies can still pay money into the Bitcoin address, but with the named email blocked, it will be logistically impossible for the attackers to make good on their promises of decryption.
- Fb at 2 billion monthly active users
- Location based information (Snap Maps or w/e its called, Twitter in general)
- SpaceX - 2 rockets, 1 weekend
Beats by Jeff Budzinski - https://soundcloud.com/freh
Be sure to also check out Kyle's wrestling podcast, On Air With Keenan & Kyle!